In this fast-paced world, we all want to do more in less time. And the quote, “work smarter, not harder,” seems more relevant now.
Thanks to the advancement in technology, we now have tools that enable us to do more in less time. You guessed it right. We’re talking about business automation solutions. They make it easier to boost productivity, automate tedious tasks, and scale your business in ways never before possible.
However, with so many business automation solutions out there, choosing the right ones can be challenging. To make things easier for you, we have shortlisted the best automation tools for 2022. Each of them would be helpful in the exact area of your work and get better and faster results. Let’s get started!
ControlHippo for Sales and Support Teams
ControlHippo is the ultimate WhatsApp Team inbox for sales and support Teams. Effortlessly manage multiple WhatsApp accounts, integrate with CRM systems, and gain valuable insights through actionable analytics.
Experience ControlHippo now and streamline your team’s communication and customer support.
Pricing: $10 per user
Zapier for Workflow Automation
One of the most popular automation tools, Zapier, lets you connect all your apps and streamline your workflows. As of writing this article, Zapier supports over 3,000 tools across categories (project management, calendar, email, CRM, marketing, etc.).
To automate workflows, you need to choose a trigger (e.g., when I get a new email in Gmail) and actions (e.g., copy the attachment to Dropbox and alert me in Slack). Zapier will then automatically and securely perform your desired tasks.
Zapier also has pre-built workflows to help you get started. Even if you want to build custom workflows, you don’t need help from your developer. Its easy-to-use editor enables people without any technical knowledge to set up automation in no time.
Pricing: Has a forever-free plan. The premium version starts at $20 per month.
ActiveCampaign for Customer Experience Automation
Customer experience is one of the most important aspects of any business. ActiveCampaign enables you to treat every customer like your most important by letting you display the right message to the right person at the right time.
It has four aspects of customer experience automation:
- Orchestration: Combines the channels you use (like Facebook, Slack, Salesforce, Google Sheets, etc.) and uses if/else logic to automate tasks based on prospects’ responses to your campaigns.
- Segmentation: Helps understand each person’s values, where they are in the customer lifecycle, and more. It also tracks buyer preferences, behavior, and many custom attributes across the entire customer lifecycle, enabling you to better segment your customers and send personalized messages.
- Personalization: It uses data from the entire customer lifecycle to choose the best content, send time, and delivery channel for each individual. It enables you to offer 1-1 personal experience to each customer.
- Automation: Its artificial intelligence software helps you automatically enhance your entire customer strategy by highlighting what works best for each individual in real-time (using customer behaviors).
Pricing: It starts at $9 per month. You can check the full ActiveCampaign review and experience it for free in a 14-day free trial.
CallHippo for Voice Calls
While not an automation platform exactly, CallHippo is a VoIP phone system that makes it easier for you to handle business calls. It has an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system that lets you share pre-recorded messages with your callers.
Besides, it has a power dialer system that enables you to dial a list of contacts automatically, thereby saving a lot of your agents’ time. Being one of the best VoIP phone systems, CallHippo integrates with your existing business applications and syncs your call details with other software.
Pricing: Starts from $15 per month.
Hunter for Email Outreach Automation
Businesses have to constantly build relationships, generate new leads, and communicate with potential customers, and one of the most cost-effective ways to do it is through email outreach. Hunter offers a complete solution that makes email outreach effortless, saving loads of time and money that you can use for other crucial business aspects.
It offers a variety of handy products that will support your email outreach automation, such as:
- Email Finder allows you to find professional email addresses of the key people that are publicly available, giving you a pleasant and targeted list of prospects.
- Email Verifier – email deliverability is a very hot topic in email marketing, and more marketers started to use email verification while doing any email marketing. It helps you verify email addresses from your email lists and ensure the deliverability of your emails, increasing your sender reputation.
- Campaigns – enables you to import your prospect’s information, create compelling and personalized outreach templates, manage the outreach sequence, and track the results of your outreach campaigns.
- Bulk tasks – allows you to use all the products in a bulk mode, enabling you to import huge lists of prospect’s information, and the tool will do the rest.
Zoho Projects for Project Management
Trusted by top brands like HDFC Securities, Stanford University, and Tata Chemicals Limited, Zoho Projects help you better plan your projects and ensure timely delivery.
Zoho Projects provide you with complete visibility into the progress of each project, thereby saving the time that you would otherwise spend on back and forth emails for updates. You can create blueprints to design the workflow to set up statuses and identify people responsible for each stage.
You can even automate email notifications or create mandatory fields required to transition tasks from one stage to another. It helps ensure the right processes are followed all the time.
Pricing: Has a forever-free plan. The premium version starts from $5 per user per month.
Right Inbox for Email Management
Email marketing has been and is one of the most effective marketing channels of all time. However, you can’t spend hours sending and replying to emails. That’s where Right Inbox can help.
You can write emails and then schedule them to be sent later. Email management tools also remind you of important emails and conversations at a time of your choosing. You can use the templates and personalize the emails easily. Its email tracking lets you know how many times your email was opened and if the links were clicked.
Pricing: Has a forever-free plan. The premium version starts from $5.95 per month.
Mightycall for Voip Calls
MightCall is a virtual phone system designed for small businesses and entrepreneurs. With its cloud-based technology, MightCall provides features such as call forwarding, voicemail transcription, and call recording.
The system is easy to set up and use, and it allows businesses to present a professional image to their clients without the need for expensive hardware or technical expertise.
Pricing: starts from $15 a month.
Calendly for Online Appointment Scheduling
Scheduling meetings can be a tedious task. It also takes much time to arrange meetings via back-and-forth emails or phone calls. With Calendly, you eliminate all these hassles.
All you need to do is set your availability preferences in Calendly and embed the link in your email invitation. For example, you can use an email signature banner to place your appointment link. The recipient then chooses the time that suits them, and the event will be automatically added to your calendar. Rescheduling emails is also easy.
Calendly also sends automated reminders and follow-ups to ensure the meeting goes as planned, thereby reducing cancellations and saving your time.
Pricing: Has a forever-free plan. The premium version starts from $8 per month.
Fyle for Expense Management Automation
Fyle is an intuitive employee expense management software designed to automate pre-accounting from end to end.
Fyle is present inside everyday work apps like G-Suite, Outlook, and Slack so employees can track business expense receipts from wherever they are, and with a single click. Further, its robust business rules engine checks every expense and receipt for compliance before reports even reach Finance teams. A comprehensive expense management dashboard helps Finance teams get a real-time view into company-wide spending.
Further, with next day ACH, Fyle automates employee claim reimbursements and helps Finance teams close books on time. It also eliminates manual effort from corporate credit card reconciliation with auto-expense matching for transactions and card statements.
Fyle has tight-knit integrations with accounting software like Xero, QuickBooks, NetSuite, and Sage Intacct which make it extremely easy to move data between systems.
Finance teams spend very little time managing, organizing, and reporting employee-initiated spend, thanks to Fyle’s enterprise-grade control with user-grade ease of use.
Pricing: The standard plan starts from $4.99 per user, the enterprise plan has custom pricing based on volume and usage.
NovoChat for Chat Communication Automation
Capturing a customer’s attention is now increasingly difficult amidst saturated marketing channels like social media and email marketing. That’s why it’s more important than ever to build a digital audience, and one that’s primarily mobile. Here’s where NovoChat comes in.
NovoChat is a WhatsApp automation platform that helps you engage your customers and grow your sales.
With NovoChat, you can:
- Set up automation for abandoned cart recovery, product upsells, order confirmations, and more.
- Send highly-targeted bulk WhatsApp messages regarding promotions, announcements, store updates, and more.
- Schedule a specific time to broadcast messages.
- Keep your messages personalized by uploading a CSV. file with a custom message for each individual contact.
- Broadcast templated messages with a simple click of the button.
- Conduct multi-agent customer support with a centralized inbox.
- Convert web visitors into subscribers with a multi-channel chat widget.
Pricing: There’s a 7-day free trial for all 4 plans. Solo plan costs $9/m with 750 messages monthly and 1 user. Starter plan costs $25/m with 3,000 messages monthly and 1 user. Pro plan costs $75/m with 9,000 messages monthly and 5 users. Business plan costs $250/m with 40,000 messages monthly and 20 users.
Phantombuster for Lead Generation Automation
Lead generation is and will always be one of the crucial parts of any business. However, you can’t just spend hours every day to find good quality leads. That’s where Phantombuster comes to the rescue.
With Phantombuster, you can:
- Send personalized invites to thousands of people on LinkedIn.
- Collect data from LinkedIn profiles, including their emails.
- Scrape and export the results of a LinkedIn Search to an excel sheet.
- Automatically follow a list of Twitter profiles.
- Extract profiles that follow Instagram influencers.
- Like or comment on posts related to your industry (e.g. leaving Instagram comments).
Pricing: Has a forever-free plan. The premium version starts from $30 per month.
Leadsquared for Marketing Automation
Leadsquared is one of the best end-to-end marketing automation software. It helps you automate the following aspects of marketing:
- Capture leads from different channels (phone calls, digital ads, and more).
- Understand user intent (with 360-degree user profile and activity tracking).
- Visualize user journeys.
- Send relevant content to the right person at the right time.
- Reactive dead leads with cross-sell signal capture and triggered campaigns.
- Integrate your existing systems to get everything in one place.
Pricing: Starts from $400 per month.
Zoho Books for Accounting
Zoho Books is end-to-end accounting software that helps you better manage your finances and get a holistic view of your business’s cash flow. From negotiating deals to raising sales orders and invoicing, you can handle mundane accounting tasks from Zoho Books.
You can associate taxes with contacts and set the tax preference for each item. It will then calculate your sales tax liabilities in real-time and automatically populate the selected choices when creating a transaction.
Its client portal lets your customers view their transactions with you in one place. Other aspects of accounting that you can manage and automate with Zoho Books include:
- Payables and receivables
- Generate bills
- Keep track of every billable minute
- Track your sales tax liability
- Send recurring invoices automatically
- Send automated payment reminders
- Auto-charge cards for recurring transactions
Using this kind of tool is great for keeping your financial records in tip-top shape until you can hire an accountant to take over the management of your finances.
Pricing: Starts from $15 per month
LeadGen App for High-Quality Leads
LeadGen App is an intuitive form builder for marketers and agencies to grow their customer base by capturing high-quality leads. The tool makes it easy to create lead capture forms, multi-step forms, and conditional logic forms that are easy to fill for any user.
With LeadGen App, you can create conversion-friendly forms without any coding skills. There are more than 100 conversion-focused templates to choose from. The tool makes it easy to create a stunning form design.
- Multi-step form builder
- LeadProof pop-ups
- Form A/B testing
- Google Cloud Address Autocomplete integration
- Lead management dashboard
- Conditional logic
- Design/Theme editor
- Integrations via Zapier and Webhooks
Pricing: Starts from $49 per month.
Expandi For Safest LinkedIn Automation
Expandi makes it safe for you to put your LinkedIn lead generation and outreach campaigns on autopilot while you focus on other parts of your business. It is designed specifically for growth hackers, agency owners, and people managing multiple LinkedIn accounts.
Expandi has an in-built feature to integrate with other lead generation and marketing tools. By combining your LinkedIn automation tool with other marketing tools like Zapier and Lemlist, you can bring a truly omnichannel approach to your LinkedIn marketing.
Pricing: Starts with a free 7-day trial and also at $99/seat per month.
Freshservice for IT Service Management
Freshservice is an internal IT helpdesk and service management platform that helps modern organizations simplify and automate their internal IT operations. Freshservice enables your IT Team to remotely collaborate with developers and to act quickly in response to requests, threats to service availability, and security. With an ITSM platform like Freshservice, you can gain the ability to put your developer team’s and employees’ requests first.
Here are a few of the features that Freshservice provides:
- Incident and Case Management for addressing IT questions remotely
- A Knowledge Base for IT, Service and HR information
- An Employee Self-service Portal
- Service Catalogue to make requests easier
- Updating asset details with Asset management
Pricing: Starts with a 21-day free trial with all features and also at $19 / agent per month.
Ramp for Finance Automation
Ramp is the finance automation platform designed to save businesses time and money.
With Ramp, you get 5-in-1 software that consolidates corporate cards, expense management, bill payments, accounting, and reporting into one simple and free solution. Businesses that use Ramp save an average of 3.3% and close their books 86% faster.
Ramp offers 1.5% cashback on each transaction and credit limits 10 to 20x higher compared to other corporate credit cards. With Ramp, you can issue unlimited virtual and physical cards with built-in, easily customizable spend controls.
Finance teams spend less time tracking expenses, thanks to Ramp’s powerful accounting automation. You get real-time visibility to see every transaction as it happens, so you can accurately track and forecast spend. The software automatically collects receipts and categorizes transactions to help finance teams close their books on time every month.
Plus, Ramp easily integrates with a myriad of accounting, productivity, and security tools including QuickBooks, NetSuite, Xero, and Slack.
“With Ramp, I can put money in my employees’ hands and be confident that spend is controlled and reviewed.” Aron, CFO at Ro.
LeadsBridge for Easy Integrations
LeadsBridge is an iPaaS solution that enables companies to enhance their omnichannel strategy by orchestrating their business data.
LeadsBridge fulfills your integration needs, focusing on bridging gaps between advertising platforms and sales funnels, and delivering tailor-made integrations made upon your business needs.
The LeadsBridge platform is suited for companies that want to streamline their advertising activities by integrating the marketing technology stack with Facebook & Instagram Ads, Google Ads, and LinkedIn Ads.
With more than +370 out-of-the-box integrations available at the moment, you can easily connect your chosen software with your advertising platform, seamlessly synchronizing data for your marketing workflows.
- LeadsBridge main features include:
- Lead Sync
- Audience Targeting
- Online to Offline Tracking
- Platform to Platform
- eCommerce Synchronization
- Tailor-Made integration
Pricing: LeadBridge offers a free trial for all four paid plans when billed monthly or annually. Paid plans start at just $29 with the self-service platform that offers up to 1.5k leads/mo. Our Enterprise tier allows users to unlock the full potential of LeadsBridge. Starting at just $699 per month, this plan boasts a custom volume to the lead-sync feature. Plans vary in the maximum amount of integrations and synchronized units (leads, audiences, and conversions). All plans are GDPR (also for audiences) and CCPA Compliant, keeping all customer data safe.
Automation tools make it easier for you to perform day-to-day tasks and boost productivity. As a result, scaling a business becomes effortless without compromising on your business values or customer experience.
If the listed tools cannot cover your business requirements, you can hire a development team and get a custom software solution for your needs.